Wat is de impact van de updates voor Oracle FCC en PBC in Q4 2019? Oracle brengt regelmatig nieuwe features uit, ook voor jouw EPM-cloudproducten. Zo worden er (bijna) iedere maand updates voor automatische updates gereleaset voor Oracle FCC en PBC. Maar welke ontwikkelingen zijn relevant voor jouw organisatie? En is het altijd noodzakelijk om alle nieuwe features toe te passen?
Met dit artikel zetten we de meest recente ontwikkelingen op een rij rondom Oracle FCC en PBC, voorheen bekend als Oracle FCCS en PBCS. Ook belichten we de automatische updates voor Smart View. Wil je meer weten over de ontwikkelingen rondom Oracle on-premise? Die vind je in het artikel ‘updates en patches voor Oracle Hyperion‘.
Oracle EPM Cloud-updates
De EPM-cloudoplossingen worden regelmatig geüpdatet. Hieronder vind je voor FCC en PBC de link naar de updates van de afgelopen maanden.
Highlights algemene updates (PBC & FCC) november – februari
Access to Data Integration Extended.
EPM Cloud users assigned to Power User and User predefined roles for the Planning business process can now access the Data Integration user interface. Previously, only the users assigned to the Service Administrator predefined role had access to the Data Integration user interface.
- In Financial Consolidation and Close, access to to Data Integration is limited to Service
- Data Integration is used only by Planning and Financial Data Consolidation and Close business processes.
New User Group Report.
The User Group Report is available starting with this update. This new report lists the direct or indirect membership of users assigned to groups in Access Control. Users are deemed to be direct members of a group if they are assigned to the group; users are considered indirect members when they are assigned to a group which is a child of another group. For each user assigned to a group, the report lists information such as the login ID, first and last name, email ID, and the name of groups to which the user is directly or indirectly assigned. The CSV version of the report indicates whether the user is directly or indirectly assigned to a group by using Yes or No.
Fusion Web Services URL Address Change in Data Management.
The format of the Web Services URL to the Oracle Financials Cloud for integrations has been modified so that you only need to include the server information. Pre-existing URL formats will be updated automatically during the upgrade.
Smart View for Office (Mac and Browser)
A new version of Oracle Smart View for Office (Mac and Browser) is available. This version includes support for the Planning approvals process, importing metadata, and a new form option, Repeat Member Labels.
- Planning Approvals. Use Smart View (Mac and Browser) to complete tasks in the Planning approvals process, including changing planning unit status, annotating planning units, viewing the promotional path of a planning unit, and delegating tasks with Out of Office Assistant. A Service Administrator sets up approvals in Planning, which then becomes available to Smart View users.
- Import Metadata. With the Import Metadata command, available in the ribbon, you can import metadata consisting of Oracle Smart View for Office (Mac and Browser) artifacts such as the POV, alias tables, and connection information, into copied worksheets.
- Repeat Member Labels Options.Enable this option to facilitate the readability of forms by allowing member names to appear on each row of data. This option appears in the Formatting tab of the Options panel. No setup is required to enable this option.
- This version includes the ability to save formatting on ad hoc grids and Smart Forms, and support spreading values using grid spread, cell locking, and mass allocation.
EPM Cloud Fixed Defects:
- 27192857 — Excel no longer crashes when zooming out on members.
- 28740522, 29444247– Fixed a performance issue for Windows 10 version 1709 for forms having a large amount of page POV members.
- 29669259 — HsAlias is working correctly with the Refresh All Worksheets option and generates the proper output.
- 29786845 — Hide dimension works as expected in Smart View for Planning forms.
- 30079509 — HsAlias functions are now refreshed properly, including those functions in the group that were not yet expanded. Expanding the group reveals the correctly refreshed HsAlias function.
- 30237974 — An error no longer occurs when refreshing a form that contains merged cells.
- 30270700 — Fixed the issue causing failure of refresh operation of saved files.
- 30275958 — Dynamic user variable value on form can be changed using HypSetActiveMember VBA.
- 30363648 — When performing a Zoom In with the row suppressions options enabled (No Data / Missing, Zero, and No Access), and the resulting grid after enabling any of the suppression options is less than the threshold set by your administrator, then the Zoom In completes successfully.
New Access Control Feature to Assign a User to Many Groups .
EPM Cloud now allows Service Admiistrators to assign a user to many groups. This new feature simplifies group-based assignment of application roles and access control.
New Select All Option in the Financial Reporting Web Studio and Book Editor Select Members Dialog Box.
A new Select All checkbox in the Select Members dialog box in Financial Reporting Web Studio lets you select all members currently assigned to a report or a book instead of selecting one member at a time. This saves time if you have a rpoert or a book with several members and wish to remove all the members to update the report or book instead of removing one member at a time.
EPM Integration Agent Installable as a Windows Service or Linux Background Process.
The EPM Integration Agent can now be installed as a Windows Service. On Linux, the EPM Integration Agent can be started as a background process.
Financial Reports Renamed to Reports.
Financial Reports has been renamed to Reports.
Managing Data with the EPM Integration Agent. Learn how to manage data with the EPM Integration Agent. You download and install the agent. You start the agent which registers it to the cloud. You run a script which calls the agent which in turn calls the external API and then prepares a file for the EPM Integration Agent to pick up. Finally, you run an integration which uploads the data to EPM Cloud.
Highlights PBC updates november – februari
Planning by 13 Periods in Planning Modules
When you create an application in the Planning Modules, a new option enables you to plan by 13 periods in a year (versus 12 months in a year). With 13-period planning, each period is exactly four weeks long (except every five or six years, when one period has five weeks.)
- Legacy Cloud Service customers must request that their environment be enabled for Hybrid Block Storage (BSO) before they can create a 13-period application. Submit a Support Request in My Oracle Support. Once the request is fulfilled, Hybrid Block Storage is enabled automatically when you create a 13-period application. After the environment is enabled for hybrid, you can create a new application with 13 periods.
- EPM Enterprise Cloud Service and EPM Standard Cloud Service Planning business processes are deployed with Hybrid Block Storage (BSO) cubes by default. For these customers, no additional steps are required to be able to create a 13-period application.
Financials Weekly Planning Supports a 53-Week Calendar in 12-Period Applications.
In Financials, in a 12-period application, if you are planning at a weekly level, you can incrementally enable an option to support a 53-week calendar. New options you specify in Financials – Enable Features determine in which month and year the 53rd week falls. Usually the 53rd week occurs every fourth or fifth calendar year. You can’t disable this feature once it’s enabled.
Export Data Now Supports Decimal Scale.
In Planning Export Data jobs, you can now specify the number of decimal positions (0-16) that will be returned when exporting data from Essbase. If the default None is selected, the data that is returned will not be formatted and will return as Essbase returns it. Selecting a numeric value will result in the exported data displaying that number of digits to the right of the decimal point, wherever applicable. For example, specifying 3 in the Decimals field will result in the exported data being formatted to display three digits to the right of the decimal point. Selecting 0 formats the data to display a whole number.
Use REST APIs to Import and Update Exchange Rates.
You can now use REST APIs to export the Import Exchange Rates template in the Planning repository and change the rates if required. You can then import the rates into the application using the Import Exchange Rates settings specified in a Planning job of type import exchange rates. You can also override some of the parameters of the job definition while executing this job from a REST API. This gives you more flexibility with updating exchange rates.
Highlights FCC updates november – februari
Opening Balance Ownership Change.
The Opening Balance Ownership Change (OBOC) system rule adjusts the Proportion and Elimination Opening Balance entries carried forward from the Closing Balance of the prior period when the Consolidation % changes from period-to-period. These adjustments ensure that the total of the opening balances plus related OBOC adjustments contribute to the Closing Balance in the current period reflecting the current period Consolidation %. Prior to this release, all OBOC adjustments were posted to the Elimination Consolidation dimension member. Beginning with this release, adjustments to Proportion Opening Balances will be posted to Proportion and only adjustments to Elimination Opening Balances will be posted to Elimination. The OBOC adjustments are posted to the “FCCS_Mvmts_Acquisitions” movement member when the period-to-period Ownership % increases and to the “FCCS_Mvmts_Disposals” movement member when the period-to-period Ownership % decreases.
Decimal Precision in Intercompany Eliminations.
The cumulative elimination amount of an intercompany transaction cannot exceed the proportionalized amount. The system must therefore ensure that if the net contribution amount of an intercompany account has been reduced to zero, no further eliminations can occur. It is possible that a computerized system cannot and does not record an accumulation to zero accurately. This is due to a “decimal precision” issue common to all computer systems. The test as to whether further intercompany eliminations should be processed must be based on the net contribution being “approximately equal” to zero rather than exactly equal to zero. By default, FCCS applies “decimal precision” of four decimals when applying the test. In this case, any net contribution of less than 0.0001 will be considered as zero and further eliminations will not be applied to the data. In most cases and for most currencies this level of precision should provide sufficient accuracy. However, if unexpected eliminations still occur, a Substitution Variable can be added to the application to modify the decimal precision applied to the test.
Translation processes are applied to the source data during consolidation and translation execution whenever the source and destination POV represent different currencies. None of the translation processes are applied to the source data set during consolidation and translation execution whenever the source and destination POV represent the same currency. In these cases, data are copied from the source to the destination with no additional processing.
Note: This excludes the “Opening Balance Carry Forward” process, which must be applied to all stored members.
Performance Substitution Variables.
The following Substitution Variables can be enabled to improve performance:
- EnableSimpleAggregation. This Substitution Variable improves the way that child entities are aggregated into parent entities. This Substitution Variable should be used in conjunction with the OptimizeYTDCalculation to improve consolidation performance.
- OptimizeDBRefresh. This Substitution Variable improves the way that exchange rates are pushed to the consol cube during the database refresh.
- OptimizeYTDCalculation. This Substitution Variable avoids redundant and repetitive calculations. This Substitution Variable should be used in conjunction with EnableSimpleAggregation to improve consolidation performance.
In order to enable the Substitution Variables, set the parameter Cube = Consol, in addition to setting Value = true.
Enhancements to Configurable Calculation Rules.
If the Ownership Management feature is enabled for the application, you can write to a Proportion member in the Configurable Calculation FCCS_50_After_Opening Balance Carry Forward_Consolidated and FCCS_60_Final Calculations_Consolidated insertion rules.
You can write to three additional Movement members in the Configurable Calculation FCCS_30_After Opening Balance Carry Forward_Translated and FCCS_40_Final_Calculations_Translated insertion rules. The Movement members are:
Partner Elimination Support in Consolidation Rules.
Configurable Consolidations now allow you to redirect the source Entity data to a sibling of the Entity. You can create a Partner Elimination rule-set, if the Partner Elimination feature has been enabled for the application and if one or more rules within the rule-set is to write to a Partner Elimination entry.
Enhanced Metadata Validation for Intercompany Elimination Member.
The Metadata Validation process now checks for and displays a warning message if the Intercompany Elimination member is moved out of the Total Eliminations member, or moved out of the Total Data Source.
Ability to Disable Ratio Calculations.
To improve consolidation performance, you can disable the Ratio calculations of “FCCS_Days Sales in Receivables” and “FCCS_Days Sales in Inventory” for selected scenarios if you do not use these calculations. This option is only available when the Asset Management feature is enabled.
Accumulate Export Mode Available for Financial Consolidation and Close Users in Data Management and Data Integration.
The accumulate export mode is now available in Data Management and Data Integration for Financial Consolidation and Close users.
EPM Cloud alle updates
Wil je alle updates voor Oracle PBC bekijken? Hieronder vind je het complete overzicht:
Iedere Oracle-omgeving is weer anders. We praten je dan ook graag bij over de gevolgen van deze cloudupdates voor jouw specifieke situatie. Even sparren? Dat doen we graag, neem contact op met Bert Dotinga.